How to Rollover Futures Contract Ninja Trader Step by Step
Rolling over futures contracts is an important part of trading futures. When a futures contract approaches its expiration date, traders need to roll over their position to the next contract to avoid taking physical delivery of the underlying asset.
Every March, June, September, and December, get Ready for Rollover – and it’s easy with Ninja Trader.
The following steps will update all futures contracts at once:
- Go to the NinjaTrader Control Center.
- Click the Tools menu button at the top of the Control Center > Database Management. This opens the Database window.
- Click the Rollover button.
- Read the message and click Yes if you wish to roll over your futures contracts.
- Close the Database window.
All open charts should now show the new/correct contract period.
The process of rolling over your futures contracts may seem daunting, but with the Ninja Trader platform, it’s a simple and straightforward process. By following these step-by-step instructions, you can roll over your futures contracts quickly and easily, and continue to have an active position in the market.
Remember to monitor the roll over process closely to ensure that everything goes smoothly, and you’re ready to trade the new contract.
Click here to learn more.