1. Coach needs to be a good teacher – Having someone who is personable and can communicate ideas effectively is super important. John Paul has years of experience teaching traders using a live webinar format. His explanations are clear and concise. You are free to ask questions whenever you want and go over previously taught concepts that may still be challenging. Remember, what Mentorship offers is an educational experience – it’s not a trading room. We want you to become a professional trader who can engage with the markets successfully on your own.
2. Coach needs to be accessible – Individual Mentorship can be customized to your availability and time zone. John Paul answers emails from students directly, before, during, and after the eight week coaching program. We occasionally have students from Australia or other countries where the 3:00 p.m. US/Eastern Group Mentorship time is inconvenient. They love being able to access the video recordings on demand and following up with email questions. As a Mentorship student, you can email John Paul your trading questions at any time.
3. Proof of success – What are people saying about the Program? How are the reviews? Does the website offer any testimonials from real traders who partook in the education? We have a full testimonial page with over 16 video testimonials from traders who have taken our courses. And below the videos, you’ll see many written testimonials. We’ve had hundreds of students who have taken our courses. We know they’re still trading our methods because they email us to update their software licenses years after their original date of purchase. In addition, we have over three years of Atlas Line trades posted on our recent trades page.
4. Training materials need to be easy to understand – Does the website provide any indication of what the courses will be like? Are they designed for beginners or more advanced students? Day Trade to Win’s courses are full of easy-to-understand explanations and charts. We know day trading education can be intimidating, so we try our best to lower the learning curve. With the Mentorship Program, you receive courses for the ATO, Price Action Scalping, and Trade Scalper. These strategies are also taught in the live training in addition to other strategies that are live-training only. Being able to ask questions and see why a trade setup occurs greatly improves understanding. Remember that all of the live training is conducted using the most recent data (current day and recent days). This way, you can get an idea of how the market is currently playing out.
5. Practice environment required – Does the coaching program offer any sort of practice environment? You’re going to need to test what you’ve learned on the markets. At Day Trade to Win, we provide access to the NinjaTrader platform, the same platform John Paul uses. We also provide live data feeds for free upon request, so you are able to trade just like you would with real money. Remember, the only time you have to pay for NinjaTrader is when you want to trade live with real money. At that point, you fund a brokerage account and pay for a live NinjaTrader license. Up until then, there’s no cost to hone your skills.
6. Affordability – Can you afford to take the Program? Education is an investment. If you jumped in to the markets without an idea of what you’re doing, the market will have its way with your finances. It’s better to be fully prepared and be armed with strategies that have been proven and tested for years. Losses from mistakes and guessing can easily surpass the costs of a proper education. With Mentorship, the cost is less than purchasing all of our courses separately. We also split the payment three ways. With the deposit, you are able to get the first week’s course right away.
7. Assistance getting setup with trading materials – Many of our students had never traded before finding us. In fact, a large portion of our students are not the best when it comes to computers. That’s why we provide remote assistance. Upon request, we can log in to your computer and help you get set up with NinjaTrader and our courses and software. You’ll be able to practice trading in no time without any frustration or obstacles. Support is also offered after the eight weeks of training are over.
8. Ability to track progress – We offer the ability to practice in a simulated (paper) trading environment until you’re ready to fund an account with a broker. Since you’re getting into trading to actually trade money, you obviously will need a way to track your results. You’ll need a positive indication before investing into trading further. For each simulated trade you place, the NinjaTrader platform logs everything about the trade. Using NinjaTrader’s Account Performance tab, you can get instant statistical feedback on consistency, profit, loss, and overall totals.
9. Video training – Does the program offer training videos? It’s important to be able to see visual explanations and examples. We record each Mentorship training session and upload it to your personal account. You can log in and play back Mentorship training sessions at your own leisure. If a concept is a bit difficult for you, play back that portion of the video over again. We have these videos up within a few hours of each class, in most cases.
10. Integration with the charting platform – Day trading is about looking at charts and applying learned strategies. For many of the methods taught in our Mentorship Program, we have indicators programmed for NinjaTrader. Unlike other trading educators, we do not give you a ton of confusing indicators and have you blindly trade them. In fact, you do not need to use these indicators to trade since you fully learn each method. However, these indicators are great in ensuring your understanding. For example, the Trade Scalper indicator provides entry signals. You can manually find the same entries and check if they are correct by comparing with the Trade Scalper’s automated signals.
The next Group Mentorship Program begins July 8, 2014. Classes will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. EDT (UTC-4). Click here to enroll.
Individual Mentorship can begin at almost any time. Send us an email at [email protected] with your availability.
A new Group Private Mentorship class begins July 8, 2014. Eight weeks of live training with John Paul will teach you everything you need to know to successfully trade futures and currencies. All courses and software are included with lifetime licenses. This new session has classes twice each week.
We expect this new session to fill up quickly. It’s a good idea to reserve your seat as soon as possible.
Remember, group training includes:
• Eight weeks of live training with DTTW founder John Paul
• Each training session is recorded for future playback reference
• All courses and software with lifetime licenses and digital books
• In total, 11 unique methods to trade price action are taught – unlike anything you’ve traded before
• Training goes above and beyond the written material
• Look at each day’s activity and ask questions to improve your understanding with expert insight
The first part of this live webinar recording explains how to use the Atlas Line to evaluate whether a trade is still viable after big market spikes. By checking if the current plotting Atlas Line position is more than double the ATR, a trader can determine if the market is “exhausted” and not worth trading. If the value is less, the trade is still viable. The Atlas Line’s entry, profit target and stop loss can then be placed according to the rules. At around 7:00 in, John Paul explains what the ATR is and how to configure it. At about 13:00 in, John Paul discusses trade management from the last few days. Again, the profit and stop loss values are taught to you in the live training. However, John Paul goes over them briefly in this video at the 15:00 mark. Fast forward to the 28:00 mark to see a review of this year’s January Effect trading opportunities. The January Effect is sort of a retracement breakout strategy, where there’s an expectation for the market to rise overall for 2013. Each time a previous high value is reached via retracement using a Daily chart, there seems to be consistency with price then rising. According to John Paul, this makes for many good Long (bullish) entries.
At DayTradetoWin, we often get asked, “What is the Roadmap trade?” We can’t tell you exactly what it is, as it’s taught in the Mentorship Program only. We can tell you that it’s based on a specific price pattern that occurs quite often when the market is manipulated. It’s the main filtering technique we teach our Mentorship students. It precedes all other methods we teach when everything is pieced together at the end of Mentorship. Sometimes the Roadmap gets confused with the Blueprint trade. The Blueprint an entirely separate method that’s taught in the Power Price Action course and Mentorship.
In this video, John Paul uses his live account and 12 contracts to make the most of a seven tick (1.75 point) profit target . His stop loss is 14 ticks (3.5 pts). The profit target and stop loss is based on real-time market conditions. We teach traders how to use the Average True Range (ATR) to dictate risk and reward potential. If the market is slow, the profit target and stop is tighter. Likewise, a more volatile market will move more, and thus allow for greater potential reward or loss. In most cases, John Paul will hold a trade no longer than 20 min. (or four bars on a five-minute chart). The Roadmap is not bound by the same limitations, as seen in the video’s time lapse. Remember, if you move your limit order around, you’ll essentially “step out of line” and lose your spot with the first-come, first-served rule of trade execution. It’s better to keep them where they are unless you’re following our rules for trade management.
You can learn the Roadmap trade and about 10 other price action methods that all fit together. You’ll have a complete plan for trading objectively every day. The next Group Mentorship program begins June 20, 2013 and classes will be Tues. and Weds. from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. US/Eastern. Give us a call or send us an email to get enrollment details.
Babak took part in our Mentorship Program in August, 2012. Before he was an income trader, Babak was a teacher and network engineer for over 20 years. An unsteady career led him to create his own business as a professional trader. As a professional trader, he first began buying and selling stocks. For three years, he day traded stocks but found the results to be inconsistent; nothing he could count on as an income. Through research, he realized trading futures was more cost effective than trading stocks. On other day trading websites, he participated in classes and seminars that focused on watching indicators and broad market conditions as a gauging factor on his trades. However, these strategies did not provide him with enough confidence. He found his timing to enter and exit to be way off due to following lagging indicators.
By finding Day Trade to Win’s price action methods, Babak became successful. He was able to pinpoint entry and exit strategies and stay on the “green side” for a change. He realized indicators are always lagging to interpret the current condition of the market.
“The funny thing is John’s method is so simple to follow. Having live webinar sessions recorded make it so easy to go back and reinforce the lessons. I can still access the recorded sessions that I attended and review them as many times as I need. They’re still there. After eight weeks of Mentorship Training and practicing with paper money, I became consistent with the number of my winning trades as opposed to the losing trades. I know every morning how to set up my charts, what to look for, and most importantly, how to keep emotion out of every trade I make. To me, that is a blessing and the empowerment I got from John Paul and Day Trade to Win.”
We asked one of our students, Craig F., if we could interview him about his experiences before and after the Group Mentorship Program in which he participated. Enjoy!
It’s been a while since you were last in the room. How has your trading been?
Looking back on the last few months since the program, I’ve been at an 82% accuracy rate. This is the number of profitable trades versus the number of losing trades on an average monthly basis over four months. I am trading more consistently than I ever have before. This figure covers my time learning to use the methods on real markets, so it’s possible that it may go up as I iron things out. Yeah, taking part in your program was the best decision I’ve made in terms of trading. I’ve added a couple contracts too.
Was the Mentorship Program what you expected?
The video recordings you provided of each training session were immensely helpful for reviewing later. No one else does this. I liked that we looked at the day’s charts each time. Having the written version of the courses was also very helpful. After the program, I went back a few times to review the videos and written courses. But yes, the live format of the room and your instruction was great.
What originally held you back from joining the Mentorship Program?
One of the reasons why I postponed the move from automated systems to your coaching program was because of the idea of having to change software. I had seen that most of your videos used NinjaTrader. Even though I now use Ninja exclusively, my prior trading philosophy had centered around execution speed. I heard that NinjaTrader, at the minimum, had 100ms of delay built into its charts. Since I used automated systems on platforms where speed was never above 40ms, doubling the latency (I felt) was a surefire way to be left behind. Also, I didn’t want to learn new software if I didn’t really have to.
What do you think about execution speed now?
It’s still important, but you teach a way to read the candles and predict where price is headed. Since I am trading manually now, and with better success I might add, a few milliseconds in difference doesn’t really matter. The added ability to change broker accounts, clearly see price plot and other reasons more than make up for the difference.
Can you provide an example of how a typical trade works for you now?
Sure. I use about five of the methods taught in Mentorship on any given day. I always have an eye on the charts looking for one of these setups to occur. My favorite is the Roadmap Trade. Since this setup requires a good amount of candles to prove the pattern exists (and price is ready to go where we expect), I am very comfortable with it. My brain is on autopilot looking at these charts now. Yes, in any case, once I see the pattern, I know where to place my profit and stops for the Roadmap. The same is true for the other methods.
What would you like to say to other traders who are on the fence deciding whether to participate in Mentorship?
Do it. Now is a great time to start and you’ll thank yourself later. Automated systems have that curb appeal, but realistically, you have to have multiple strategies in mind to take action at any given moment. That’s what you teach and it isn’t exactly “turnkey” as another trader pointed out. With that said, with a bit of patience and practice, it’s possible to make a living day trading. I know because I’m doing it. It’s rewarding and fun to see price line up in your patterns time and time again and know exactly what to do.
Thanks for taking the time, Craig. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about anything you learned!
Yes, will do. Thanks and take care!
A new session of Group Mentorship begins August 15, 2012. All courses and software are included and taught during the eight weeks of live training. Reserve your seat today!
How many profit opportunities did you see today? The Atlas Line® tells you exactly how and when to enter by plotting either a Long or Short entry signal at the moment you should enter. You will know exactly when to buy or sell the market. Additional profit-taking setups are identified using the Strength and Pullback Trades, appearing after the initial Long or Short signal. These signals are very accurate and can be used as a standalone trading system or with your own strategies.
If you want to know which trades were taken and why, don’t miss this video. Students of John Paul learn these and other methods exclusively. Why shouldn’t you?
Take away all of your indicators and just look at the candlesticks plotted on the chart. How many profitable opportunities can you see? Are you relying on indicators too heavily? Do you really know understand what triggers you to take a trade? Do you trade without hesitation? Let’s change the way you think about the markets.
What If I told you that YES, you can trade the markets with a clear vision. In the Group Private Mentorship Program, you will learn to spot the same exact trades John identified. Zero subjectivity. John shares his charts with you during each training session. Your understanding of price activity is immediately relevant, focusing on what works consistently. You’re able to ask questions, compare your chart with his and refer to the course material to further your understanding.
What type of trader are you? I was asked this question recently and the first answer that came to mind was “I’m a setup trader.” Now this phrase may be confusing, but it really explains how I look at trading the markets. I teach traders how to identify specific setups in order to validate trades. If the setup validates, then we enter the market. Price has to prove itself in an exact pattern before we consider taking an exact trade with exact rules. How we proceed to manage the trade is equally important. At any given moment, I’m watching price as it plots to see if the pattern matches the rules of the Roadmap Trade, Blueprint Trade, Atlas Line, or any other of my price action trading methods. By having a how, when and why behind each trade, we’re much better off.
Those of you joining me for the next eight week Private Mentorship Program starting on March 22, 2012 will learn 11 unique methods of trading price action. By looking at my live charts during each training session, spotting these setups will become second nature. The first week of training discusses the ATO (At the Open), and like all other courses offered on Day Trade to Win, is included and taught in full detail. Another method learned in later weeks is the Roadmap Trade (available only in Private Mentorship). The Roadmap shows exactly where market manipulation occurs and therefore provides a filtering strategy that works with all other methods in the Mentorship Program.
Here’s a video of a live trade John took yesterday on the E-Mini using the Atlas Line. Note that the trade setup in use is called a Pullback, the rules of which are taught in the live training that’s included with purchase. John uses the ATR (Average True Range) to indicate the profit target and stop strategy. This is the most responsible (and accurate) way to trade – based on what real-time market conditions can produce. As you’re probably aware, the E-Mini has been very slow lately so he’s only going for one point (according to the ATR). Many of our students also took the previous short, as indicated by the Atlas Line’s red printed text. You can trade the E-Mini and other markets just like we do – the Atlas Line is available as a six month or lifetime license.
CFTC RULE 4.41 – HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.
GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS REQUIRE DISCLOSURE OF THE FACT THAT WHILE THESE METHODS MAY HAVE WORKED IN THE PAST, PAST RESULTS ARE NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. WHILE THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR PROFITS THERE IS ALSO A RISK OF LOSS. A LOSS INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH TRADING FUTURES CONTRACTS CAN BE SIGNIFICANT. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE CAREFULLY CONSIDER WHETHER SUCH TRADING IS SUITABLE FOR YOU IN LIGHT OF YOUR FINANCIAL CONDITION SINCE ALL SPECULATIVE TRADING IS INHERENTLY RISKY AND SHOULD ONLY BE UNDERTAKEN BY INDIVIDUALS WITH ADEQUATE RISK CAPITAL.
ANY ADVISORY OR SIGNAL GENERATED BY DAY TRADE TO WIN IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSED ONLY. ANY TRADES PLACED UPON RELIANCE ON WWW.DAYTRADETOWIN.COM SYSTEMS ARE TAKEN AT YOUR OWN RISK FOR YOUR OWN ACCOUNT. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS. WHILE THERE IS GREAT POTENTIAL FOR REWARD TRADING COMMODITY FUTURES, THERE IS ALSO SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN ALL TRADING. YOU MUST DECIDE YOUR OWN SUITABILITY TO TRADE OR NOT. FUTURES RESULTS CAN NEVER BE GUARANTEED. THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO BUY OR SELL FUTURES OR COMMODITY INTERESTS.
READ OUR FULL RISK DISCLOSURE AND DISCLAIMER STATEMENT